Who Should Take This Training?
This course is intended for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in First Aid to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements, or it can also be taken by those who simply want to be prepared for an emergency in any type of setting.
Course Format Options
This 100% classroom training means students are with an AHA instructor for their entire learning experience. This video-based, instructor-led course teaches skills with the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback, and guide the students’ learning of skills.
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver® First Aid Course Completion eCard via email that is valid for two years.
After enrollment and payment, students will be emailed a key-code and link that allows them access to their online course to be taken at the AHA website.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
Loading Classroom Dates…
After successfully completing the BLS Provider CPR course, students should be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers;
- Describe the key steps in first aid;
- Remove protective gloves;
- Find the problem;
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke;
- Use an epinephrine pen;
- Control bleeding and bandaging;
- Recognize elements of common injuries;
- Recognize elements of common illnesses;
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury; and
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers.
- First aid basics;
- Medical emergencies;
- Injury emergencies;
- Environmental emergencies;
- Preventing illness and injury; and
- Optional exam.
100% Classroom Course Features:
- Video-based course ensures consistency;
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency;
- Student Workbook comes with Heartsaver® First Aid Quick Reference Guide that summarizes first aid actions for many injuries and illnesses; and
- Course is updated with the new science from the 2020 AHA Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care.
20-1128 Heartsaver® First Aid Student Workbook
What are Heartsaver® Courses?
Heartsaver® courses are courses that target Non-Healthcare Professionals. These courses are designed for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting. For many Heartsaver® courses, students receive a course completion card that is valid for 2 years.
The Heartsaver® Series Includes: