Who Should Take This Training?
This course is intended for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements, or it can also be taken by those who simply want to be prepared for an emergency in any type of setting.
NOTE - This course is NOT for Healthcare Providers. If you work or plan to work in a healthcare environment, please take BLS CPR (Basic Life Support CPR) to fulfill your CPR requirement.
Course Format Options
This 100% classroom training means students are with an AHA instructor for their entire learning experience. This video-based, instructor-led course teaches skills with the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which allows instructors to observe the students, provide feedback, and guide the students’ learning of skills.
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver® CPR AED Course Completion eCard via email that is valid for two years.
After enrollment and payment, students will be emailed a key-code and link that allows them access to their online course to be taken at the AHA website.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
Loading Classroom Dates…
After successfully completing the Heartsaver® CPR AED portion of this course, students should be able to:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival;
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival;
- Recognize when someone needs CPR;
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult;
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others;
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups;
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult;
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child*;
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child*;
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant*;
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child*; and
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant*.
*Child and infant modules are optional.
All AHA courses have been updated to reflect new science from the 2020 AHA Guidelines for CPR & ECC and the 2020 AHA/Red Cross Guidelines for First Aid.
- Adult CPR and AED use;
- Opioid-associated life-threatening emergencies;
- Child CPR and AED use;
- Infant CPR;
- Adult, child, and infant choking;
- Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR, including child and infant choking; and
- Optional exam.
20-1129 Heartsaver CPR AED Student Workbook with:
- Heartsaver® CPR AED Adult Reminder Card; and
- Heartsaver® CPR AED Child & Infant Reminder Card.
What are Heartsaver® Courses?
Heartsaver® courses are courses that target Non-Healthcare Professionals. These courses are designed for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting. For many Heartsaver® courses, students receive a course completion card that is valid for 2 years.
The Heartsaver® Series Includes: