Who Should Take This Training?
This course is intended for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory, or other requirements, or it can also be taken by those who simply want to be prepared for an emergency in any type of setting. NOTE - This course is NOT for Healthcare Providers. If you work or plan to work in a healthcare environment, please take BLS CPR (Basic Life Support CPR) to fulfill your CPR requirement.
The skills session must be completed within 60 days of completing the online portion of the course.
Upon completion of this course, students receive an American Heart Association Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED Course Completion eCard via email that is valid for two years.
After enrollment and payment, students will be emailed a key-code and link that allows them access to their online course to be taken at the AHA website.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
About This Course
Following the completion of all training content and achievement of passing scores on all exams, students will need to complete a brief evaluation and confirm his/her identity. After doing so, the student will have access to the course completion certificate.
After successfully completing this BLS First Aid course, students should be able to:
- Describe how high-quality CPR improves survival;
- Explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival;
- Recognize when someone needs CPR;
- Perform high-quality CPR for an adult;
- Describe how to perform CPR with help from others;
- Give effective breaths by using mouth-to-mouth or a mask for all age groups;
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult;
- Perform high-quality CPR for a child (optional);
- Demonstrate how to use an AED on a child (optional);
- Perform high-quality CPR for an infant (optional);
- Describe when and how to help a choking adult or child; and
- Demonstrate how to help a choking infant (optional);
All AHA courses have been updated to reflect new science from the 2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR & ECC and the 2015 AHA/Red Cross Guidelines for First Aid.
CPR/AED Online Features:
- Students have the convenience of completing the course at their own pace at work, home, or wherever Internet access is available;
- Can be used for initial or renewal training;
- Includes interactive exercises and videos to engage students and provide periodic points of knowledge transference;
- Certificate of completion available to print when the online portion has been completed successfully;
- Students have access to all information in the online portion for 24 months after activation of their key to help reinforce what they have learned;
- Includes audio and transcript for students who may have a hearing or visual disability;
- Screen and text-sized options help meet diverse learning needs; and
- Navigation controls provide students with the flexibility to move easily through content and customize their learning experience.
HeartCode® BLS Features:
- Updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC;
- Designed to teach students the cognitive information needed for CPR and AED training;
- Upon completion of the online portion, students must complete a hands-on session with an AHA BLS or Heartsaver® instructor;
- You must provide an e-mail address when ordering this product. A key and instructional information will be sent to you in order to activate the course online;
- Codes will be emailed within 24 hours; and
- Course length: Online portion is about 1 hour and 45 minutes; skills and hands-on sessions are about 45–90 minutes (45 minutes if only teaching adult CPR AED);
Advantages of Safety Unlimited Online Training
There's no need to finish training in a single sitting. Start and stop as often as you want. Our system will track your progress, allowing you to resume where you left off.
This course is taken entirely online from any computer with high speed internet that meets our System Requirements. No classroom to attend; no travel required.
Download, save, or print a certificate after completing your training.
Have questions about the course? Contact an instructor by email or Instructor Hotline. Expect a response within 1 hour during business hours -- guaranteed within 24 hours.
6 Months to Complete
Take up to six months to complete your Heartsaver® CPR AED Online (Requires Follow-up Skills Class) training.
Telephone support is available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, including holidays.
Follow along as our narrator talks you through the course.
Frequently Asked Questions About Online Training
If you do not find your question here, we have more FAQs
Our courses are set up to take a specific amount of time. Some students may get through the training more quickly, while others may take longer to complete their training.
Remember, this training should be used as an intricate tool in the context of an overall training program; it can be combined with other training throughout the year in order to meet any hour requirements needed.
No, our courses are designed so you can start and stop as needed, allowing you to break the training up over a longer period of time. Our system will keep track of your progress, enabling you to resume where you left off upon your next login. It is important that once you start a section, you complete that section or you will need to start that section over from the beginning upon your return.
Yes, you can take the online portion by signing in with your username and password from any location and computer with high-speed internet access. However, each computer does need to meet our Basic System Requirements
for viewing our online courses.
Yes, once you have completed a course, you are able to download, save or print a certificate of completion from your student account. Certificates are created in a pdf format. Users must have the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader before attempting to download the completion certificate.
View Sample Certificate
What are Heartsaver® Courses?
Heartsaver® courses are courses that target Non-Healthcare Professionals. These courses are designed for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting. For many Heartsaver® courses, students receive a course completion card that is valid for 2 years.
The Heartsaver® Series Includes: