This is an advanced first aid course consisting of 21 hours of coursework with topics including:
- emergency response;
- scene and patient assessment;
- emergency moves and recovery position;
- emergency communication and multiple-rescuer response;
- pro-rescuer CPR/AED;
- bleeding control;
- shock management;
- wound care;
- sudden illnesses and medical emergencies including breathing difficulty, diabetic emergencies, fainting, heart attack, seizures, and stroke;
- musculoskeletal injury care and spinal motion restriction;
- pregnancy and emergency childbirth;
- care for poisoning and drug abuse;
- environmental emergencies;
- animal bites and stings;
- terrorist/active-shooter/CBRN incident and natural disaster response;
- tactical-casualty care; and
This is a Public Safety First Aid course as described in the California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Division 9, Chapter 1.5.
This course also includes the American Heart Association BLS (Basic Life Support) CPR/AED course completion certificate.
California Counties Approval Letters for Public Safety First Aid
Safety Unlimited has been granted approval from these counties to provide PSFA training programs.
Request Your County Be Listed
BLS/ALS Continuing Education Credits
This EMS-CEU (21 Hours) course has been approved for 21 Contact Hours (21 CEUs) of BLS/ALS Instructor-based Continuing Education by CE (Provider 56-0013), CAPCE Provider #SUNI0321.
IACET Continuing Education Credits Effective 11-1-2019
Safety Unlimited, Inc. is authorized by IACET to offer 21 Contact Hours (2.1 CEUs) of Continuing Education (CE) for this program.
Safety Unlimited, Inc. (Provider #5660170-2) is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET). Safety Unlimited, Inc. complies with the ANSI/IACET Standard, which is recognized internationally as a standard of excellence in instructional practices. As a result of this accreditation, Safety Unlimited, Inc. is accredited to issue the IACET CEU. As an IACET Accredited Provider, Safety Unlimited, Inc. offers CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET Standard.
Loading Classroom Dates…