Who Should Take This Training?
Anyone required to take the 16 hour first-time licensee training for Child Care Providers as per the California EMS Authority.
Is This Course Certified?
Each student who successfully completes this course will be issued a Certificate of Completion from Safety Unlimited, Inc.
This Child Care Training - California EMSA Title 22 course consists of 16 hours of training for first-time licensees. The hours of training must be completed as follows:
- 4 hours of Pediatric First Aid
- 4 hours of Pediatric CPR/AED
- 8 hours of Preventive Health and Safety Training
Every two (2) years, child care providers must renew their training by completing 4 hours of pediatric First Aid and 4 hours of pediatric CPR. This training must meet California Code of Regulations, Title 22, Division 9, Chapter 1.1 "Training Standards for Child Care Providers" and must be approved by the California Emergency Medical Services Authority.
Course Format Options
This 100% classroom training.
Required for Successful Completion
Attendance of all training sessions.
Loading Classroom Dates…
Terminal Learning Objectives
- Upon completion of this training, students will be able to:
- Take steps to prevent the spread of infectious diseases;
- Explain the guidelines for managing infectious diseases;
- Describe the immunization schedule;
- Provide nutritional meals for children while maintaining awareness of food allergies and specialized diets;
- Handle food and water in a manner that prevents contamination;
- Maintain a sanitary work environment;
- Identify ways to improve air quality;
- Provide special needs children with the treatment they require;
- Identify, report, and prevent child abuse; and
- Prepare the work environment for earthquakes and other environmental disasters.